jean, krista, and the rebeccas' message board

Monday, November 21, 2005

It's a "Good Thing"

Hey Rebecca -

Congrats! I know how hard you've worked to get to where you are and I hope you enjoy your time off!

All I ever seem to post about is work crapola, but I did happen to see Martha Stewart at the museum on Friday, I walked right past her! She was at the museum visiting and I think might have been doing a bit of business, but all day Friday, everyone was on "Martha watch" and it was a lot of fun.

Fam news - a few weeks ago, my mom was notified that the mammogram she went in for came back with some inconclusive results, and that there was a "densening" (sp?) of one of her breasts. So they wanted her to come back in to make sure if wasn't a cancerous mass. That test was last Friday and thank god it came back fine, no explanation though of why the area was more dense. Needless to say, my mom has been on an emotional rollercoaster while waiting for this second test.

I'm going to Tennessee over Thanksgiving, Matt's sister Theresa is hosting the dinner this year and apparently this is the first year since Matt was in highschool that the entire immediate family has been able to get together for Thanksgiving. So right after I made these plans, my sister Stacey decided she was going to host a dinner and my mom agreed to come down. So of course then the guilt started - I feel like I should be in town, but my family knew of my plans and they're still planning this anyway. My sister also planned to have my niece baptised on Saturday, so Matt and I have to rush back on Friday (9.5 hour drive) in order to make it in time for the baptism.

So this weekend Matt and I got ready for the week, I did a bunch of laundry and cleaned up the kitchen and guess what? I found out we have those little bugs you sometimes get in the sugar and flour bags. Lovely! I spent all day yesterday throwing out half of our food and cleaning out all the cabinets. Gross.

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Miss you guys!

Becks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home